Download E-books The Shellcoder's Handbook: Discovering and Exploiting Security Holes (2nd Edition) PDF
By Chris Anley, John Heasman, Felix Lindner, Gerardo Richarte
* This much-anticipated revision, written by way of the final word team of most sensible safeguard specialists on the earth, good points forty percentage new content material on how to define protection holes in any working process or software * New fabric addresses the various new exploitation ideas which have been stumbled on because the first variation, together with attacking "unbreakable" software program applications similar to McAfee's Entercept, Mac OS X, XP, place of work 2003, and Vista * additionally good points the first-ever released details on exploiting Cisco's IOS, with content material that hasn't ever earlier than been explored * The better half site positive aspects downloadable code records
Download E-books Social Engineering Penetration Testing: Executing Social Engineering Pen Tests, Assessments and Defense PDF
By Gavin Watson, Richard Ackroyd
Social engineering assaults objective the weakest hyperlink in an organization's security―human beings. we all know those assaults are potent, and everybody understands they're at the upward push. Now, Social Engineering Penetration Testing provides the sensible method and every thing you want to plan and execute a social engineering penetration try and evaluation. you are going to achieve attention-grabbing insights into how social engineering techniques―including e mail phishing, phone pretexting, and actual vectors― can be utilized to elicit info or manage members into appearing activities which may relief in an assault. utilizing the book's easy-to-understand versions and examples, you've a stronger figuring out of ways top to shield opposed to those assaults.
The authors of Social Engineering Penetration checking out show you hands-on suggestions they've got used at RandomStorm to supply consumers with precious effects that make a true distinction to the protection in their companies. you'll know about the variations among social engineering pen checks lasting wherever from a couple of days to a number of months. The ebook indicates you ways to take advantage of largely on hand open-source instruments to behavior your pen checks, then walks you thru the sensible steps to enhance safety measures based on attempt results.
- Understand the right way to plan and execute an efficient social engineering review
- Learn tips to configure and use the open-source instruments on hand for the social engineer
- Identify elements of an review that might so much profit time-critical engagements
- Learn how you can layout objective eventualities, create believable assault occasions, and aid a number of assault vectors with expertise
- Create an evaluate file, then increase security measures in line with attempt results
Learn to establish, safeguard, and assault laptop networks. This e-book makes a speciality of networks and actual assaults, deals vast assurance of offensive and protective suggestions, and is supported by means of a wealthy selection of workouts and resources.
You'll how you can configure your community from the floor up, beginning by means of developing your digital try atmosphere with fundamentals like DNS and lively listing, via universal community providers, and finishing with advanced internet purposes regarding internet servers and backend databases.
Key protecting strategies are built-in through the exposition. you are going to advance situational information of your community and may construct an entire protective infrastructure—including log servers, community firewalls, net program firewalls, and intrusion detection systems.
Of path, you can't really know how to protect a community should you don't know the way to assault it, so that you will assault your try structures in various methods starting with effortless assaults opposed to browsers via privilege escalation to a website administrator, or assaults opposed to uncomplicated community servers throughout the compromise of a defended e-commerce site.
The writer, who has coached his university’s cyber safety crew 3 times to the finals of the nationwide Collegiate Cyber safety pageant, offers a realistic, hands-on method of cyber safeguard.
What you’ll learn
- How to soundly manage a whole community, from its infrastructure via internet applications
- How to combine protective applied sciences resembling firewalls and intrusion detection platforms into your network
- How to assault your community with instruments like Kali Linux, Metasploit, and Burp Suite
- How to realize situational understanding in your community to realize and forestall such attacks
Who this publication is for
This publication is for starting and intermediate execs in cyber defense who are looking to study extra approximately construction, protecting, and attacking laptop networks. it's also compatible to be used as a textbook and supplementary textual content for hands-on classes in cyber operations on the undergraduate and graduate point.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. method Setup
Chapter 2. simple Offense
Chapter three. Operational Awareness
Chapter four. DNS & BIND
Chapter five. Enumerating the Network
Chapter 6. lively Directory
Chapter 7. Attacking the Domain
Chapter eight. Logging
Chapter nine. community Services
Chapter 10. Malware
Chapter eleven. Apache and ModSecurity
Chapter 12. IIS and ModSecurity
Chapter thirteen. net assaults
Chapter 14. Firewalls
Chapter 15. MySQL
Chapter sixteen. snicker
Chapter 17. personal home page
Chapter 18. net purposes
By Sharon D. Nelson
In an age the place attorneys usually behavior company throughout instant networks utilizing smartphones and laptops, how can lawyers guard purchaser information and private info? Locked Down explains the big variety of knowledge defense hazards dealing with legislations agencies and the way legal professionals can top safeguard their info from those threats--with any budget.
Download E-books Hack Attacks Revealed: A Complete Reference for UNIX, Windows, and Linux with Custom Security Toolkit, Second Edition PDF
By John Chirillo
The much-anticipated moment variation of the bestselling booklet that information community safety throughout the hacker's eye
because the first version of Hack assaults printed used to be released, many new assaults were made on all working platforms, together with UNIX, home windows XP, Mac OS, and Linux, and on firewalls, proxies, and gateways. protection specialist John Chirillo is able to take on those assaults with you back. He has packed the second one version of his all-in-one reference with 40 percentage new material.
during this interesting new version, you are going to discover:
* The hacker's point of view on safeguard holes in UNIX, Linux, and home windows networks
* Over one hundred seventy new vulnerabilities and exploits
* complex discovery techniques
* A crash direction in C for compiling hacker instruments and vulnerability scanners
* the head seventy-five hack assaults for UNIX and Windows
* Malicious code assurance of Myparty, Goner, Sircam, BadTrans, Nimda, Code purple I/II, and lots of more
* TigerSuite specialist 3.5 (full suite unmarried license)
Crime Signals is helping you cease crime sooner than it starts off. David Givens, one of many nation's most effective specialists in nonverbal verbal exchange, deals a desirable and instructive examine crime, and into the tell-tale indicators that supply away all offenders―if you are educated to work out them.
From the indications of a swindler to the indications that specialists use to aid thwart terrorism and violent crime, this ebook breaks down a criminal's physique language into transparent recognizable symbols:
• What does it suggest if an assailant's face turns by surprise pale?
• Is a pat at the arm from a salesperson an indication of sincerity, or a sign that you are approximately to get scammed?
• Does a liar make fewer hand gestures while they are lying―or more?
• If an aggressor shrugs his shoulders, in the event you be afraid?
This is the 1st publication to provide a finished advisor to the physique language of criminals. With remarkable tales and instructive steps, it's going to switch how you view the world.
By Vaclav Smil
Fundamental switch happens in general in a single of 2 methods: as a "fatal discontinuity," a surprising catastrophic occasion that's very likely global altering, or as a continual, sluggish development. international catastrophes comprise volcanic eruptions, viral pandemics, wars, and large-scale terrorist assaults; developments are demographic, environmental, financial, and political shifts that spread over the years. during this provocative publication, scientist Vaclav Smil takes a wide-ranging, interdisciplinary examine the catastrophes and developments the following fifty years may well convey. Smil first seems to be at infrequent yet cataclysmic occasions, either typical and human-produced, then at traits of worldwide significance, together with the transition from fossil fuels to different power resources and starting to be financial and social inequality. He additionally considers environmental switch -- in many ways an amalgam of surprising discontinuities and slow swap -- and assesses the usually misunderstood complexities of world warming. Global Catastrophes and Trends doesn't come down at the facet of both doom-and-gloom eventualities or techno-euphoria. as an alternative, Smil argues that knowing switch might help us opposite detrimental developments and reduce the chance of disaster.
By Scott Oaks
One of Java's so much remarkable claims is that it offers a safe programming setting. but regardless of never-ending dialogue, few humans comprehend accurately what Java's claims suggest and the way it backs up these claims. in case you are a developer, community administrator or someone else who needs to comprehend or paintings with Java's safeguard mechanisms, Java protection is the in-depth exploration you need.Java Security, second variation, makes a speciality of the fundamental platform gains of Java that offer security--the type loader, the bytecode verifier, and the safety manager--and contemporary additions to Java that increase this defense version: electronic signatures, protection prone, and the entry controller. The publication covers the protection version of Java 2, model 1.3, that is considerably diverse from that of Java 1.1. It has wide insurance of the 2 new very important protection APIs: JAAS (Java Authentication and Authorization provider) and JSSE (Java safe Sockets Extension). Java Security, second version, provides you with a transparent realizing of the structure of Java's safety version and the way to take advantage of that version in either programming and administration.The publication is meant basically for programmers who are looking to write safe Java purposes. although, it's also an outstanding source for procedure and community directors who're attracted to Java defense, fairly people who are drawn to assessing the chance of utilizing Java and wish to appreciate how the safety version works which will check even if Java meets their protection needs.
Download E-books Advanced Penetration Testing for Highly-Secured Environments: The Ultimate Security Guide (Open Source: Community Experience Distilled) PDF
By Lee Allen
- Learn the way to practice an effective, prepared, and potent penetration attempt from begin to finish
- Gain hands-on penetration trying out event by way of development and trying out a digital lab atmosphere that comes with normally discovered security features resembling IDS and firewalls
- Take the problem and practice a digital penetration attempt opposed to a fictional company from begin to end after which ensure your effects by means of jogging via step by step solutions
- Detailed step by step information on handling trying out effects and writing essentially prepared and potent penetration checking out reports
- Properly scope your penetration try out to prevent catastrophe
- Understand intimately how the checking out technique works from begin to end, not only find out how to use particular tools
- Use complex concepts to circumvent safety controls and stay hidden whereas testing
- Create a segmented digital community with numerous goals, IDS and firewall
- Generate checking out stories and statistics
- Perform an effective, equipped, and powerful penetration attempt from begin to finish
There's much more attention of safeguard this day, yet now not loads of figuring out of what it skill and the way a long way it's going to move. nobody loves defense, yet so much people---managers, process directors and clients alike---are commencing to suppose that they might higher settle for it, or a minimum of attempt to comprehend it.For instance, so much U.S. govt apparatus acquisitions now require "Orange ebook" (Trusted computing device procedure overview standards) certification. lots of people have a obscure feeling that they should find out about the Orange ebook, yet few take some time to trace it down and browse it. computing device safeguard fundamentals features a extra readable creation to the Orange Book---why it exists, what it includes, and what the several safeguard degrees are all about---than the other publication or executive publication.This instruction manual describes complex techniques equivalent to depended on structures, encryption, and necessary entry regulate merely. It tells you what you want to understand to appreciate the fundamentals of desktop defense, and it'll assist you convince your staff to perform secure computing.Contents include:
- Introduction (basic desktop defense options, protection breaches corresponding to the net worm).
- Computer safeguard and standards of the Orange Book.
- Communications and community security.
- Peripheral sorts of defense (including biometric units, actual controls, and TEMPEST).
- Appendices: phrases, resources, consumer teams, and different reference material.